Re: SpatialThing and feature (again)

Hi Andreas,

"Because the w3cgeo:SpatialThing is an instance of foaf:Person, some
other people find it natural to equate the w3cgeo:SpatialThing
with a geosparql:Feature.”

I think you mean here foaf:Person is a subclass of w3cgeo:SpatialThing (as well as of foaf:Agent). That and a couple of other terms are derived (by Danbri) specifically as features, not geometries from w3cgeo:SpatialThing. If, however, one adds geo:lon and geo:lat to an instance of foaf:Person, one gets an entity that is both a Person feature and a w3cgeo:Point. I suspect that is actually necessary to do this implicit mapping into a feature and a geometry in order to make sense of the ways in which w3cgeo:SpatialThing is used. I agree that it wouldn’t make sense to map the other way, back to some feature-geometry amalgam.

—Josh