Re: Working list of BP requirements identified during the SDW WG f2f

Dear all,

This is to let you know that I did some updates to the BP reqs document [1].

1. For each of the domain-independent use cases I added a subsection
"How this should be implemented for spatial data?". The idea is that
it can be a way to outline issues and solutions for addressing such
requirements in spatial data. Do you think this makes sense?

2. I've also added pointers to the relevant DWBP WG best practices.

3. I've included in the URI-related req [2] the requirements
concerning persistence and dereferenceability proposed by Simon [3]
and Raphaƫl [4], respectively. Now it reads as follows:

"Use (persistent and dereferenceable) URIs to make (spatial) data
visible on the Web"

Should we instead add them as separate requirements?

4. About the issue raised by Oscar [5] concerning zoom level / spatial
resolution, I wonder whether this can be included by extending /
re-wording req "Be able to get the data with coordinates that match
the coordinate system of my map" [6].

Cheers,

Andrea

----
[1]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/BP_Requirements
[2]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/BP_Requirements#Use_.28persistent_and_dereferenceable.29_URIs_to_make_.28spatial.29_data_visible_on_the_Web
[3]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sdw-wg/2015Mar/0053.html
[4]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sdw-wg/2015Mar/0055.html
[5]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sdw-wg/2015Mar/0052.html
[6]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/BP_Requirements#Be_able_to_get_the_data_with_coordinates_that_match_the_coordinate_system_of_my_map

--
Andrea Perego, Ph.D.
Scientific / Technical Project Officer

https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/

----
The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may
not in any circumstances be regarded as stating an official
position of the European Commission.