Re: variable declarations shadowing named properties on window

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 21:30:35 -0500
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
CC: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>, Allen Wirfs-Brock <allen@wirfs-brock.com>, Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>, "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Jeff Walden <jwalden@mit.edu>
On 1/29/12 9:28 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 1/29/12 5:58 PM, Cameron McCormack wrote:
>> That's right, except for indexed properties. Note that I didn't move
>> indexed properties to the WindowProperties object. I left those as being
>> exposed on the instance itself. Indexed properties always get resolved
>> ahead of any actual properties on the prototype chain.
>
> Hmm. That actually significantly complicates implementation, at least in
> Gecko+Spidermonkey....

Though actually, maybe not, because unlike named properties you can't do
"bareword" lookups for indexed properties, right?  So any indexed
property access will in fact have to be a qualified access?