Re: variable declarations shadowing named properties on window

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 09:58:44 +1100
To: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>
CC: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, Allen Wirfs-Brock <allen@wirfs-brock.com>, Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>, "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Jeff Walden <jwalden@mit.edu>
Travis Leithead:
> Thanks for closing the loop on this.
>
> So, to clarify my understanding:
> Name resolution lookup on the window/global will be:
>
> 1. window/global own props
> 2. WindowProperties own props
> 3. WindowPrototype own props
> 4. Object [prototype] own props
> 5. WindowProperties named/indexed props
>
> Named frames are part of step 5 as I understand it.

That's right, except for indexed properties.  Note that I didn't move
indexed properties to the WindowProperties object.  I left those as
being exposed on the instance itself.  Indexed properties always get
resolved ahead of any actual properties on the prototype chain.