Re: WebIDL test suite time

From: Kyle Huey <me@kylehuey.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 04:33:41 +1000
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: public-script-coord@w3.org
On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 4:18 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> On 4/18/12 2:12 PM, Marcos Caceres wrote:
>
>> I guess this really applies to Section 4 in the spec (ECMAScript
>> binding). The rest can't be tested because the spec does not really define
>> WebIDL Parsers as a conformance class (or it's targeted at spec Editors).
>>

> Though one could write an actual parser, throw various WebIDL at it, and
> see if it's valid....
>
> That will need to happen anyway, for the whole "two implementations" bit.

FWIW, as I told Cameron the other day on IRC, there are parts of the WebIDL
spec that I don't plan to implement in Gecko's parser.  For example, I
don't really think its worth dealing with partial interfaces in our parser
when developers can just copy/paste the relevant stuff into the "main"
interface.

- Kyle