Re: Non-constructible constructors and Arrays

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 2:00 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:
>> Not sure why that's a bad thing. Yes, HTML DOM can (and should!) do
>> something smarter, but this is clearly a step in the right direction.
>
> Why don't you make proposals for how existing specifications ought to
> change?
>
> As I said before, just saying everything can be constructed will just lead
> to a messy situation.

Somehow we also need to avoid the mistake of browsers releasing
unprefixed APIs which don't use constructors as they should. The touch
events spec is filled with silly document.createX functions that
should use constructors because Apple implemented it that way and
without a prefix. :(

/ Jonas