Re: Non-constructible constructors and Arrays

On Fri, 9 Sep 2011, Jonas Sicking wrote:

> Somehow we also need to avoid the mistake of browsers releasing
> unprefixed APIs which don't use constructors as they should. The touch
> events spec is filled with silly document.createX functions that should
> use constructors because Apple implemented it that way and without a
> prefix. :(

Why would adding a constructor be prevented here? Surely so long as the
experimental API doesn't _conflict_ with the final API, we're fine.
Prefixes are only intended to prevent name conflicts; so long as spec
editors vary the names when they vary the semantics, they're not really
needed in practice.