Re: [NoInterfaceObject]

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 14:20:57 +1000
To: Andreas Gal <gal@mozilla.com>
CC: public-script-coord@w3.org
On 30/08/11 6:26 AM, Andreas Gal wrote:
> I think this is wrong and breaks established DOM bindings patterns, so I would propose some language to be added to WebIDL to narrowly define in what cases [NoInterfaceObject] should be used.

I've added the following statement to the spec:

   The [NoInterfaceObject] extended attribute SHOULD NOT be used on
   interfaces that are not solely used as supplemental or callback
   interfaces, unless there are clear Web compatibility reasons for
   doing so.

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/webapi/WebIDL/Overview.html.diff?r1=1.392;r2=1.393;f=h

Please let me know if you find this resolution satisfactory.

Thanks,

Cameron