Re: [NoInterfaceObject]

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 14:20:57 +1000
To: Andreas Gal <gal@mozilla.com>
CC: public-script-coord@w3.org
On 30/08/11 6:26 AM, Andreas Gal wrote:
> I think this is wrong and breaks established DOM bindings patterns, so I would propose some language to be added to WebIDL to narrowly define in what cases [NoInterfaceObject] should be used.

I've added the following statement to the spec:

   The [NoInterfaceObject] extended attribute SHOULD NOT be used on
   interfaces that are not solely used as supplemental or callback
   interfaces, unless there are clear Web compatibility reasons for
   doing so.

Please let me know if you find this resolution satisfactory.