Re: [WebIDL] troublesome names, property attributes and related issues

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 13:58:16 +1000
To: Allen Wirfs-Brock <allen@wirfs-brock.com>
CC: public-script-coord@w3.org
Given my earlier comments, I am leaving the spec unchanged for the
moment regarding these unresolved issues -- enumerability of properties,
moving towards constants not existing on prototypes.

If implementors indicate they are happy with changing the enumerability
and that this would not break content, I will make this change.

My feeling is that the break in consistency for the current interfaces
with constants and new ones is not worth it, wrt whether they should
exist on prototypes.

Allen, can you indicate whether the above resolutions plus those earlier
in the thread around [NoInterfaceObject] and disallowing troublesome
property names are acceptable.

Thanks,

Cameron