Re: Historical events

Indeed.   I view Allison as a representative of real users who would want to
use schema.org to represent historical events.

Now maybe her use case isn't one that schema.org will cover.  If so, let's
have an authoritative statement to that effect and she and many of us can go
somewhere else.

Or maybe the authoritative word is that event covers attendee events,
historical events, named periods, and any extended period of time and that
only very limited subtypes are possible.   If so, let's have a list of these
subtypes and then she can figure out whether they are suitable for her.

Or maybe there is work to be done in representing historical events and
periods of time.  If so, this discussion appears to be relevant to potential
significant uses of schema.org.

Or maybe the schema.org types and properties are just hints, no one should
take their descriptions seriously, and consuming schema.org is mostly an
exercise in matching schema.org entities to entities in existing repositories
of information.

peter