Re: Bibex Entry for Poetry [via Schema Bib Extend Community Group]

Hi Taylor,

I believe there are two aspects to this.  Firstly, as Jeff points, out we
may well have the need to recommend a new CreativeWork subtype for a Poem,
which could either stand alone or possibly be defined 'isPartOf' a Book (of
poems).

Secondly however this does not necessarily solve the problem of defining
the form of a piece of text as 'poetry'.  For example a description of a
book of poetry, where each individual poem is not described as such.

The earlier conversation
<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/2015May/0079.html> you
referenced introduces the idea of introducing a new MediaObject subtype -
TextObject - which I believe will help this and other situations in this
area.

As a starting point, I believe we should create an example using both that
will address the broader issue whilst using poem as an example use-case.

~Richard.
PS. Creating a post is an acceptable way to raise a point within the group,
however discussions work best in this mailing list, with examples posted on
the Wiki.

Richard Wallis
Founder, Data Liberate
http://dataliberate.com