Re: journal article for next call?

On 11/28/13 3:39 PM, Dan Scott wrote:

> I would be wary about drawing broad conclusions from an example like
> this. The example from WorldCat appears to be a contribution to
> published conference proceedings--presented papers and country
> reports--so it's not surprising to find the individual contributions
> catalogued separately, but it is surprising to find it catalogued as a
> book chapter without any linkage to the containing book. I think in
> this particular case that the article (country report) would be
> considered part of the original conference proceeding, as well as
> having its own URL for electronic access.

Since I took these examples from WorldCat and Primo (quite deliberately)
we should let the representatives of those systems say how important
they consider the cases, and how they would like to handle them. Then we
can discuss a solution.

Remember, what with the confluence of Hanukkah and Thanksgiving this
year, many folks are on holiday at the moment.

kc

--
Karen Coyle
kcoyle@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net