Re: Article Proposal

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Wallis,Richard
<Richard.Wallis@oclc.org> wrote:
> I have now updated the Article proposal to reflect the very productive
> discussion in yesterday’s meeting.
>
> Next step is to check:
>
> I did what we said

I believe we agreed to use either "pagination" or "pageNumbers" to
avoid conflicting with "pages, as in the (usually young) people who
assist knights, members of Parliament, or shelve books in libraries;
or a form of communication popular in the late 20th century".

I may have been muted when I tried to point out during the meeting
that Bibo uses "pageEnd" and "pageStart" as the names of the
properties. Per (a) in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-schemabibex/2013Dec/0077.html,
if we're minting new properties and want to align with Bibo, I would
recommend sticking with their property names instead of the proposed
"endPage" / "startPage". It also keeps the two properties clustered
together in the schema.org documentation.

> We are happy with the descriptive text

Further on "pages", the current definition overlaps with the existing
numberOfPages property. We probably want to avoid that.

Also, per (c) in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-schemabibex/2013Dec/0077.html,
we need to change the definition of "pages" to better align with Bibo,
now that we have the "pageEnd" and "pageStart" properties. Something
like:

'Describes the pagination of works that do not run across
consecutively numbered pages and thus cannot be simply described by
pageStart and pageEnd (for example, "1-6, 9, 55" or "10-12, 46-49").'

> I changed the example correctly

We still need to add itemprop="isPartOf" to connect the article to the
issue, volume, and periodical. Are we aiming for "article isPartOf
issue, which isPartOf volume, which isPartOf Periodical"?

> Add more examples - I will copy in the Lord of the Rings multi-volume work
> example from the Collection proposal

I would also suggest adding versions of the examples from
http://www.w3.org/community/schemabibex/wiki/Periodical which include
the standard schema.org introductory sentence of the example for
context, as well as the before / after schema.org markup.

Let me know if you want me to make any of these changes.

Thanks,
Dan