Re: Simple Straw Poll re. Hash URI Specificity and WebID Definition

From: Andrei Sambra <andrei.sambra@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 11:35:33 -0500
To: Alexandre Bertails <bertails@w3.org>
Cc: public-webid <public-webid@w3.org>, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>, "public-rww@w3.org" <public-rww@w3.org>
On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Alexandre Bertails <bertails@w3.org>wrote:

> On 11/21/2012 11:04 AM, Henry Story wrote:
>
>> I am not sure the RWW mailing list is the right place to send this
>> message,
>> as they have not followed the debate. I think we need a wiki page that
>> lists
>> the pros and cons of each of the issues below, if you are going to bring
>> new
>> people to the conversation.
>>
>> On 21 Nov 2012, at 16:49, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>>
>>  All,
>>>
>>> As per a variety of threads re. the matter of the definition of a WebID,
>>> I kindly request a simple +1, -1, or 0 vote on the following issue of
>>> concern:
>>>
>>> Should a WebID be defined specifically as a hash based HTTP URI?
>>>

>> "Specifically" is not clear.
>>

> It's not clear because the definition is not complete. I mean, it's
> missing the goal (identity) and some other "constraints" (like the
> default serialization format).
>
> Voting without those will not solve anything. I would vote "again" for
> the definition we had agreed upon at TPAC [1].

I agree with that. Actually, if you want to be correct, you should quote
the definition from the current spec proposal. We should always refer to
the spec, to stay in context.

I have made a wiki page where you can provide arguments for the proposed
terms: http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebID/HashURIarguments

Andrei

[[