Re: Simple Straw Poll re. Hash URI Specificity and WebID Definition

From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 17:04:28 +0100
Cc: "public-webid@w3.org" <public-webid@w3.org>, "public-rww@w3.org" <public-rww@w3.org>
To: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
I am not sure the RWW mailing list is the right place to send this message,
as they have not followed the debate. I think we need a wiki page that lists
the pros and cons of each of the issues below, if you are going to bring new
people to the conversation.

On 21 Nov 2012, at 16:49, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> As per a variety of threads re. the matter of the definition of a WebID, I kindly request a simple +1, -1, or 0 vote on the following issue of concern:
>
> Should a WebID be defined specifically as a hash based HTTP URI?

"Specifically" is not clear.

In terms of language we can use MUST, SHOULD etc.

So perhaps you can rephrase it in those terms.

[1] a WebID MUST be a an HTTP hash uri
[2] a WebID SHOULD be an HTTP hash uri
[3] a WebID SHOULD be any HTTP hash uri

in all cases of course we agree that the URI MUST refer to an agent as described in the current spec.

Is this better?

> Note:
> Most of use are extremely time challenged, and really need to make decisions and set priorities re. this matter. Thus, I would like those with a vested interest in this matter to vote.
>
> This is an informative endeavor.
>
> Poll Question:
> Do you support defining a WebID *specifically* as a hash based HTTP URI?
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Kingsley Idehen
> Founder & CEO