Re: RWW Challenge : Creating a decentralized Social Net by Year End

Hi all,

I'm currently testing and experimenting a bit with OpenLink's ODS, see
[1] and [2] (a view via Graphite). It probably has a good perspective
(you can at least configure the features of Melvin's list), however at
the moment it is

- very slow
- very complex
- I'm struggling logging in with my WebID (it doesn't redirect properly
to my homepage ATM)
- the different representation formats/processing types are a bit
confusing (JavaScript [4], PHP [5], VSP [6]) - one good working one with
a good UX is enough

=> hence it is not ready for end-user consumption :\

In addition to this I experimented also a bit with URIBurner and
enhanced my existing foaf.me profile there a bit with further data
sources (mainly from examples of ontologies I co-developed), see [3].

Cheers,

Bo

PS: is data.fm down ATM, I cannot access this service

[1] http://id.myopenlink.net/dataspace/person/zazi#this
[2]
http://graphite.ecs.soton.ac.uk/browser/?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fid.myopenlink.net%2Fdataspace%2Fperson%2Fzazi%23this#http://id.myopenlink.net/dataspace/person/zazi#this
[3]
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffoaf.me%2Fzazi%23me
[4] http://id.myopenlink.net/javascript/users/users.html
[5] http://id.myopenlink.net/php/users/users.php
[6] http://id.myopenlink.net/vsp/users/users.vsp

On 10/5/2011 8:18 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> On 5 October 2011 20:18, Melvin Carvalho<melvincarvalho@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 14 September 2011 00:59, Melvin Carvalho<melvincarvalho@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Something we've talked about for a while.
>>>
>>> Do we think the majority of members of this group can become part of a
>>> decentralized social net by end of year?
>>>
>>> I think must haves are:
>>> 1. Status updates
>>> 2. Wall posts