Re: RWW Challenge : Creating a decentralized Social Net by Year End

On 10/6/11 6:07 AM, Bob Ferris wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently testing and experimenting a bit with OpenLink's ODS, see
> [1] and [2] (a view via Graphite). It probably has a good perspective
> (you can at least configure the features of Melvin's list), however at
> the moment it is
>
> - very slow
> - very complex
> - I'm struggling logging in with my WebID (it doesn't redirect
> properly to my homepage ATM)
> - the different representation formats/processing types are a bit
> confusing (JavaScript [4], PHP [5], VSP [6]) - one good working one
> with a good UX is enough
>
> => hence it is not ready for end-user consumption :\

It depends on the instance you are using. id.myopenlink.net is running
on a small AMI instance.
Also, there are many ways of working with it, but note the UI is not the
best, so this is where there is an end-user fail, naturally.

You can work RESTfully with any ODS instance etc..

> In addition to this I experimented also a bit with URIBurner and
> enhanced my existing foaf.me profile there a bit with further data
> sources (mainly from examples of ontologies I co-developed), see [3].
Let me know you workflow pattern and then I can point you to alternative
instances. I can also consider making one dedicated to these tasks.

I have no problem making a instance dedicated to RWW and WebID folks. I
just need it to me owned by someone other than myself due to my time
constraints.

Kingsley

> Cheers,
>

> Bo
>

> PS: is data.fm down ATM, I cannot access this service
>

> [1] http://id.myopenlink.net/dataspace/person/zazi#this
> [2]
> http://graphite.ecs.soton.ac.uk/browser/?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fid.myopenlink.net%2Fdataspace%2Fperson%2Fzazi%23this#http://id.myopenlink.net/dataspace/person/zazi#this
> [3]
> http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffoaf.me%2Fzazi%23me
> [4] http://id.myopenlink.net/javascript/users/users.html
> [5] http://id.myopenlink.net/php/users/users.php
> [6] http://id.myopenlink.net/vsp/users/users.vsp
>

> On 10/5/2011 8:18 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>> On 5 October 2011 20:18, Melvin Carvalho<melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I'd forgotten about this excellent paper, which describes the social
>>> read write web.
>>>
>>> It covers
>>> 1. Profiie
>>> 2. Personal Wall
>>> 3. Photos
>>> 4. News Feed
>>>
>>> http://dig.csail.mit.edu/2007/tab/snapshot
>>
>> Sorry actual link to paper is:
>>
>> http://dig.csail.mit.edu/2008/Papers/MSNWS/
>>

>>> I think profile is done.
>>>
>>> Maybe its time to flesh out personal wall / news feed?
>>>
>>> Development since last post:
>>>
>>> I now have a dataspace (copy of data.fm) hosted on my local pc with
>>> dyn dns (it's really fast!).  I should be ready for interaction with
>>> any other data spaces now.  I just need to know what triples to send
>>> where...
>>>
>>> Anyone else ready to interact?
>>>
>>> Only 3 months to year end!

President&  CEO