Re: RIF XML version of OWL RL rules

From: Dave Reynolds <dave.e.reynolds@googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 17:07:28 +0000
To: Stella Mitchell <stellamit@gmail.com>
CC: "Public-Rif-Wg (E-mail)" <public-rif-wg@w3.org>
On 03/03/2010 12:09, Stella Mitchell wrote:
> Here are the RIF/XML (and associated PS) files [1] for the rules given
> in Appendix 6 of the OWL RL document [2].

That's great, thanks Stella.

> I removed all the annotations. Are those in correct syntax?

Ah. Apparently not, sorry about that. (Wonder if they were right at the
time I first wrote the translation?)

I've changed them to be relative IRIs of the form

     (* <#rule-name> *)

which I think is now right.

> In the
> EBNF for IRIMETA I think "IRICONST?" needs to be replaced by "Const?".

I don't think so. The intention, I belive, is that rules are identified
by IRIs - you cannot use any sort of CONST. In BLD, section 2.6.3
explains what an IRICONST is and says the DTB shortcuts are allowed
which is why I believe the angle-bracket notation is legal.

> In the SimpleTriple and Datatype rules, I changed all occurences (10 in
> SimpleTriple, 32 in Datatype) of Foralls without variables, which I
> think are syntactially incorrect, from (e.g.):
>         Forall (rdfs:label[rdf:type->owl:AnnotationProperty])
>         rdfs:label[rdf:type->owl:AnnotationProperty]

Thanks. I never could get my head round why we require variable lists at
all and then don't allow nullary ones. Now fixed in the document.

Dave