Re: EBNF grammar of presentation syntax

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 20:44:04 -0400
To: Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>
cc: "RIF \(E-mail\)" <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

> > Profile names: We have profile names?  I don't remember them.  Where
> > are
> > they in the syntax?
> >

> You are right, profiles are ANGLEBRACKIRIs, confused that with Dialect
> names, cf.
>
>   Dialect        ::= 'Dialect' '(' Name ')'

Ah, I missed that.  As I've argued many times, included a dialect name
in the syntax is big mistake.  I thought people understood that by now,
but I guess not.  I think it's a mistake for FLD to support dialect
designers macking this mistake, but I guess it's my fault for not
noticing this before Last Call.   Oh well.

As for the rest of this thread...  I don't care about "the" PS.  It's
just there as a shorthand for specifying the semantics.  I'll consider
it a huge failure of the community if people ever actually use it
(instead of better PS's that come along).