Re: Version 0 of the 'RIF+XML data' document "nouvelle maniere"

Hi Christian,

I've attempted to read this but found it somewhat hard to follow
(probably just my lack of concentration, but some concrete examples
might help).

The high level approach seems reasonable - follow Xpath data model, map
classes to sets of element nodes and frames to elements using some URI
encoding scheme for types and attributes.

Some of the details need work though. You talk about relative IRIs but
surely all relative IRIs in a RIF document will be resolved relative the
base (document location or explicit RIF base declaration). So I don't
think you can use relative IRIs in the way you describe. Also the
namespace resolution seems be a bit underspecified.

You use the term "sequence" a lot but as far as I can see everything is
getting mapped to separate frame slot values and so ordering is lost. Is
that right?

Dave