Re: Action 695 argument

Dave Reynolds wrote:
> So it sounds like you might need to propose that RIF adds xsd:date and
> xsd:time (with and without timezone).

according to DTB, RIF already has xsd:date and xsd:time.

why does xml schema add xsd:datetimestamp, but not add xsd:datestamp and
xsd:timestamp that makes the timezone mandatory for dates and times as
well as datetimes?

It looks like DTB is incomplete in its support for date, time, datetime,
and duration builtins.  For example,

    * how can I construct a date from a string like "2009-02-09"?
    * How can I construct a datetime from a date and a time?
    * How can I split a datetime into a date and a time?
    * How can I add a (int) number of hours to a datetime?
    * How can I change a datetime from one timezone to another?
    * How do I reference the current datetime (e.g. fn:current-dateTime
      <#func-current-dateTime>)