Re: Action 695 argument

From: Dave Reynolds <der@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:12:12 +0000
To: Gary Hallmark <gary.hallmark@oracle.com>
CC: Changhai Ke <cke@ilog.fr>, RIF WG <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

Gary Hallmark wrote:

> Dave Reynolds wrote:
>> So it sounds like you might need to propose that RIF adds xsd:date and
>> xsd:time (with and without timezone).
>>
> according to DTB, RIF already has xsd:date and xsd:time.

Whoops, sorry, I had missed that, my fault for not checking.

> why does xml schema add xsd:datetimestamp, but not add xsd:datestamp and
> xsd:timestamp that makes the timezone mandatory for dates and times as
> well as datetimes?

Well since dates and times without timezones make more sense than
datetimes perhaps they don't feel it adds value. Or perhaps they only
added xsd:datetimestamp because of OWL 2 and OWL 2 doesn't support date
or time and so wouldn't care what XSD did about those :-)

Dave
--
Hewlett-Packard Limited
Registered No: 690597 England