observation on owl:real

From: Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 23:17:27 -0400
To: "Public-Rif-Wg (E-mail)" <public-rif-wg@w3.org>
Since owl:real is disjoint from float and double, it appears that the
lexical space for owl:real, i.e. those owl:real values lexically
expressible in RIF, actually just conincides with that of xs:decimal.

So, one could say the lexical space of owl:real is the same as the one
for xs:decimal?

Given that, I kind of fail to see the need for owl:real at all for our
purposes... resp., I fail to see where it would NOT coincide with
xs:decimal.

Opinions?

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Polleres
Digital Enterprise Research Institute, National University of Ireland,