BLD: two issues with the BNF

From: Jos de Bruijn <debruijn@inf.unibz.it>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 14:23:54 +0200
To: RIF <public-rif-wg@w3.org>
I uncovered two issues with the BNF in BLD.  For me they are not
critical for last call, but for some they might be.

The first issue is an error: Profile is not a Unicode string in the
presentation syntax, but it is a term (see section 2.4).
The second issue is not an error, but it can be considered misleading
(the BNF is too liberal): in the presentation syntax, rules are
quantified rule implications.  So, an atomic formula is not a rule and
may thus not be directly included in a group.  According to the BNF, an
atomic formula can be considered a rule; this is misleading.

Best, Jos
--
                          debruijn@inf.unibz.it

Jos de Bruijn,        http://www.debruijn.net/
One man that has a mind and knows it can
always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
   -- George Bernard Shaw