Re: PRD review, part 2 Operational Semantics of Conditions

Christian de Sainte Marie wrote:

> Adrian Paschke wrote:
>
>> 2.2.3.6. What does it mean in the operational semantics if we now
>> speak of a
>> frame to be true? We have not defined that before, but defined
>> everything in
>> terms of matching against ground values in the WM
>

> You are right: this is remant of a previous attempt that I forgot to
> change. I will correct that for the frozen version.

Ooops. No, the text is correct (I mean, it is as intended): in the
introduction of section 2.2.3 ATOMIC, we state that "The operational
semantics of ATOMICs specifies the truth value of arbitrary ATOMIC with
respect to the WM by specifying how arbitrary ATOMICs match ground
ATOMICs: an arbitrary ATOMIC is true iff it matches a ground ATOMIC from
the WM." Hence, the notion of the truth value of a Frame is defined.

But I agree that it might be confusing. I will repeat that matching a
ground <whatever> means being true for each ATOMIC.

Cheers,