RE: [BLD] comments on the semantics of lists

From: Boley, Harold <Harold.Boley@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 18:25:52 -0500
To: <kifer@cs.sunysb.edu>, "Jos de Bruijn" <debruijn@inf.unibz.it>
Cc: "RIF WG" <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

Jos,

The current version says that nil is added to the domain,
but a version of your wording is more precise:
"the domain D of every RIF structure I contains an object nil".
Regarding the pair function, the idea is to keep it simple
in the manner of Lisp's s-expressions, as Michael mentioned
[the syntax allows Seq(1 2 | 3) as well as Seq(1 2 | Seq(...))]:
"every RIF structure contains a function pair: D x D -> D".

Michael,

Wouldn't you identify
I(Seq(t1 ... tn t))   = Iseq(I(t1), ..., I(tn), I(t))
with
I(Seq(t1 ... tn | t)) = Iseq(I(t1), ..., I(tn), I(t))?

Thanks to both,
Harold