RE: where to hang the metadata?

The following version of it seems to be best for Phase 1 convergence:

   1.  Allow metadata, syntactically, on four scope-like objects, via a
       elements that create natural scopes:
         * Document
         * Group
         * Forall
         * Exists
       No need for wrapper elements.  In a normal rule, the Forall
       is where you'd hang metadata. You can also give metadata to the
       complementary Exists for conditions (queries and constraints).
       The PS for the additional metadata-enriched elements is easy:
       'Forall' IRIMETA? Var* '(' CLAUSE ')'
       'Exists' IRIMETA? Var* '(' FORMULA ')'

   2.  Keep the Group element, for making these conceptual groupings
that,
       e.g., Michael speaks of (and, e.g., Sandro is familiar with from
       his rule programming), where metadata apply to a set of rules).

This works nicely for both BLD and FLD (Forall's CLAUSE becomes
FORMULA).

-- Harold