Re: CURIE proposal ...

From: Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 16:18:47 +0100
To: Michael Kifer <kifer@cs.sunysb.edu>
CC: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>, Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>, Chris Welty <cawelty@gmail.com>, "Public-Rif-Wg (E-mail)" <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

Michael Kifer wrote:
>> My point is that a halfway stop is no good. Either have a fully
>> specced Presentation Syntax or use the XML directly.
>
> Yeah! Write semantics using XML and then come back.

obviously a no go...

> Or just look at XML versions of the examples vs. the resentation syntax
> examples and tell me which ones you understand. I believe that Axels
> comment that XML is as easy as the presentation syntax (in RIF)

Actually, I was arguing the other way around, i.e. the the presentation
syntax is getting almost as bad as the XML synax in some places which is
why I argued for simplifications in first place. I am all for a
(readable) presentation syntax ;-)

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Polleres, Digital Enterprise Research Institute (DERI)

rdfs:Resource owl:differentFrom xsd:anyURI .