Re: Another try at subclass

[Hoping to grab those last few free cycles before people go away for the next
two weeks]

</chair>
At this point I have heard no objection to this proposal, so I will try to make
it a little more precise and add the rif:type relation as well. Basically, Jos
and Dave, I am hoping to hear from you by email that you would not object (I you
can live with) the following amendment, which would live (I believe) in the RDF
compatibility document:

rif:subClassOf rdfs:subproperty rdfs:subClassOf .

This plus the transitivity semantics given to by Michael already in BLD, should
  addresses the concern regarding the relationship to rdfs:subClassOf.

Finally, I suggest that either:
rif:type owl:sameAs rdf:type
or we just use rdf:type

Note that this still requires the semantics to say:

For all elements eo, ec, es ∈ D, the following must hold:
mint(Iisa(eo, ec), Isub(ec,es))   ≤t   Iisa(eo, es)

(which is already in the semantics for #)

The other objection to having Rif:type and rif:subclassof is why do we even need
it.  The answer there is that many people (in the WG) seem to want it and it
definitely helps address our coverage requirement since they are part of *so
many* rule languages.

I realize that this is not enough for agreement, but I hope it is enough to
remove objections.

<chair>

-Chris