[UCR] Managing Inter-Organizational Business Policies & Practices: Edited Version.

From: Ginsberg, Allen <AGINSBERG@imc.mitre.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 19:23:20 -0500
To: "RIF WG" <public-rif-wg@w3.org>, <john.hall@modelsys.com>, "Said Tabet" <stabet@comcast.net>, "Donald Chapin" <donald.chapin@btinternet.com>

John, Don, and Said, (and other RIFERs)

I have edited your revised use-case to make it more compliant with the
style and length of the other use-cases as presented in section 2 of
the UCR document.   In doing so I pared it down quite a bit and also
changed the details of the scenario.  I decided to focus on one set of
rules in the EU-Rent scenario and pursue that part to a conclusion that
is in line with a key design goal implied by your requirements, viz.
RIF metadata or meta-level concepts can/should be used to extend the
domain of interchangeable rules to include rules of a human-machine
interactive nature.   The best thing is to read the edited version at

http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/UCR/Managing_Inter-Organizational_
Business_Policies_and_Practices

I relabelled the version you submitted earlier today as

http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/UCR/Managing_Inter-Organizational_
Business_Policies_and_Practices_-_Original

so it is still viewable from the main UCR page.

Please let me know what you think,

Allen

Dr. Allen Ginsberg        The MITRE Corporation, Information Semantics
aginsberg@mitre.org       Center for Innovative Computing & Informatics

Voice: 703-983-1604       7515 Colshire Drive, M/S H305
Fax:   703-983-1379       McLean, VA 22102-7508, USA