W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rif-wg@w3.org > January 2006

Re: Minutes Telecon, 3 January 2006 (revised)

From: Andreas Harth <andreas.harth@deri.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:46:46 +0000
To: public-rif-wg@w3.org
Message-id: <20060110164646.GA1096@srvgal17.nuigalway.ie>

Minutes of RIF telecon 2005-03-01
=================================

(Revised)


Key Points
==========

Next meeting on 10 January
Please update the use cases pages if you haven't done so
Please read the Zakim doc if you haven't done so yet


Action items, resolutions
=========================

ACTION: benjamin to start a wiki page with initial list of rule systems
ACTION: chris clarify desiderata forlist of classifications
ACTION: chris to propose a set of tags for different subgroups
ACTION: harold to do a fine-grained classification scheme of rule systems
ACTION: sandro add link about wiki usage 
ACTION: sandro update main web page re: meetings
ACTION: sandro add link about wiki usage (continued)
ACTION: sandro update main web page re: meetings (continued)
ACTION: chris clarify desiderata forlist of classifications (continued)


Detailed minutes
================

Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2005Dec/0179.html
IRC log: http://www.w3.org/2006/01/03-rif-irc
RSS Agent's Minutes: http://www.w3.org/2006/01/03-rif-minutes.html
Meeting wiki page: http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/2006-01-03_Meeting

Chair: Chris Welty
Scribe: Andreas Harth


1. ADMIN
--------

Role Call
.........
Present: Sandro, ChrisW, MarkusK, Allen, PhilippeB, BillAnderson, csma,
Ora_Lassila, Andreas_Harth, FrancoisBry, deepalik, JeremyCarroll, igor,
AxelPolleres, msintek, Elisa_Kendall, Deborah_Nichols, DavidHirtle, josb,
[NRCC], Hassan_Ait-Kaci, DaveReynolds, Mike_Dean, Jeff_Pan, Jos_De_Roo,
Donald, Uli_Sattler, John_Hall, josb.a, +1.503.525.aahh, MinsuJang,
Ed_Barkmeyer, Giorgos_Stamou, Said_Tabet, Benjamin_Grosof, PaulaP

Regrets: Peter F. Patel-Schneider

Meetings
........

Next meeting: 10 January

Minutes
.......

Minutes of last meeting accepted, no objections
No amendments to the agenda
Please read the Zakim doc if you haven't done so yet

Wiki Policy
...........

Discussion about RIF wiki etiquette
- wiki changes should be attributed to a person
  (changes can be found in the changelog, different version can be
  referenced via URI)
- parts of pages should have an ID to reference them in email messages
  (use [[Anchor(anchorname)]])
- how to handle discussions on the wiki
  (use the mailing list for discussions if appropriate)

Some more suggestions, but time ran out.

ACTION: sandro add link about wiki usage (continued)
ACTION: sandro update main web page re: meetings (continued)


2. Liaison
----------

Other standards efforts such as SPARQL (W3C), PRR (OMG), Common
Logic (ISO) have some overlap with the RIF work.
Other efforts mentioned were OMG Semantics of Business Vocabulary
and Business Rules (SBVR), OMG Ontology Definition Metamodel,
OWL1.1 (as discussed in an informal meeting at ISWC), query languages
and XQuery, RuleML, SWSL, and Semantic Web Services efforts at W3C.

Informal efforts should be liaised with informally.

Question will be who is volunteering to do the liaison work, if
formal liaison is needed. This information will be recorded in
the wiki.


3. Use Case & Requirements
--------------------------

There was discussion around the proposed classification scheme for
the Note.  The main reason for improving the current classification
scheme is to help relate use cases to requirements (e.g., 
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/Multi-Dimensional_Use_Case_Classification).
The editors will come up with a classification scheme and have a draft
of the Note by the 17th, taking into account the possibly overlapping
dimensions of the proposed schemes.  Based on the draft more discussions
and refinements are welcome.

The editors asked all to update the use cases in the wiki to fit the
new template. A notification about the change has been sent via the
mailing list.


4. OWL & RDF Compatibility
--------------------------

Jos and pfps added some content on the wiki pages, but more discussion
is solicited.  The mailing list was found to be the appropriate
channel to elaborate on the topic.

It was agreed that the group uses tags to denote different subgroups
in email messages on the list.

ACTION: chris to propose a set of tags for different subgroups 


5. Classification
-----------------

Approaches to classification were posted on the wiki. Chris suggested
to use the mailing list for this type of discussions.

Benjamin volunteered to put up an initial wiki page with the rule systems
the group wants to consider.

Harold volunteer to put together a fine-grained classification scheme
based on the RuleML classification

ACTION: harold to do a fine-grained classification scheme of rule systems
ACTION: benjamin to start a wiki page with initial list of rule systems
ACTION: chris clarify desiderata forlist of classifications (continued)


6. AoB
------

None
Received on Tuesday, 10 January 2006 16:44:52 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 2 June 2009 18:33:26 GMT