Re: WebP, anyone using it?

From: Jin Kim <jinkim@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:54:32 -0400
To: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Cc: François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>, David Newton <david@davidnewton.ca>, Peter Gasston <pgasston@gmail.com>, Kevin Suttle <kevin@kevinsuttle.com>, public-respimg@w3.org
On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 12:26 PM, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com> wrote:

> Where the browser chooses they type it supports (e.g., on a first match basis).

I think leaving it up to the browser to choose from recognized file
format is good enough.  Browser can also choose to check the mime
type.  But no need to state one specific file format or another should
be supported or that any one specific format should be defined as
fallback.

Ultimately ALT/DESC attribute values are perfectly fine fallback as
with IMG tag.