Re: how to mark up a photo on the web

From: John Graybeal <graybeal@mbari.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 20:37:26 -0800
Cc: "public-rdfa@w3.org" <public-rdfa@w3.org>, semantic-web@w3.org
To: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
yes, more. :->

This may go waaay beyond what you are thinking, but MBARI and others
in marine science found the existing photo metadata capabilities were
thoroughly insufficient for science purposes.  We developed a more
extended set of metadata that we are storing in XMP for our photos;
you can find this specification described at

Your comments would be welcome, and your adoption of as many of these
fields as feasible would be even more pleasing.

John Graybeal   <mailto:graybeal@mbari.org>  -- 831-775-1956
Marine Metadata Interoperability Project: http://marinemetadata.org