Re: FYI: Slideshare is using RDFa....

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 16:32:13 -0700
To: Mani Kumar <mani@slideshare.com>
CC: public-rdfa@w3.org
Mani Kumar wrote:
> And yes, even we were thinking of having RDFa markup in our embed code.
> But the question is what benefit it brings if have RDFa in embed code,
> while we are making embed code more heavier with more markup?

Mani,

The benefit you get is that people who embed your slideshows on their
pages will then also embed the metadata, so their pages will get indexed
by SearchMonkey correctly, too, and any browser-based extensions that
pick up this metadata will benefit.

I expect that a *lot* of useful RDFa will be produced in exactly this
manner (this is exactly what Creative Commons does, too.)

-Ben