Re: A vocabulary discussion for Digg

At 09:47 AM 9/17/2008, Dan Brickley wrote:
>I would like to have a model for finding FOAF-in-RDFa in OpenID
>identity pages ...

Interesting.  Does that work well with services like MyOpenID that
let's me build several profiles and choose which one to expose to
each consumer?

I'm also the "pseudonymity should be the default" guy, so I would
hope there's good granularity for the user to specify how much data
each consumer sees.

>There are rumours around that Digg will be an OpenID consumer. I
>hope it will offer some form of OpenID server role too.

Our feeling is that there are a lot of providers out there already,
and Digg would just be a drop in the bucket.  There's a lot more
benefit to Digg users and to Digg to being an OpenID consumer.

>This could be as simple as embedding delegation markup pointing to a
>'real' OpenID service.

I wouldn't object to that approach.  Digg already allows each user to
build rel="me" links on their profile page, which leads to cool
developments like this:

http://urlzr.com/00/2320

OpenID delegation might work similarly.  I doubt many users would use
it, but some would.

>... as I accumulate Karma within Digg it would be fantastic if that
>could be made explicit ...credibility one gains on one site could
>benefit you on another ...

Ah, reputation.  I hope you're talking to Phil Windley!

>So Steve --- is there anything you can say re plans for OpenID?

We're committed to being an OpenID consumer.