Re: A vocabulary discussion for Digg

From: Steve Williams <sbw@digg.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 11:20:49 -0700
To: public-rdfa@w3.org

At 11:10 PM 9/16/2008, Simone Onofri wrote:
>dc:title (for title), dc:description (for description), dc:subject
>(categories),  dc:publisher (is for digg.com), dc:creator (the user)

Digg already has title, description, and creator.  For the creator,
we currently have only the user's profile URL.  I'd like to add some
FOAF mark-up to that.  Does someone want to hack our XHTML?  Here's an example:

http://digg.com/celebrity/George_Carlin_has_died

>SKOS (basic use) for categories ...

I'll read up on that.  Again, I'd welcome hacking on our XHTML.

The Digg permalink example above shows that we don't visibly mention
the topic (Celebrity) or the topic's container (Entertainment) in the
story itself, so if possible I'd like to mark those up invisibly.

On Digg's story lists, we do mention the topic within each story, so
I can mark that up easily.  But the container would need invisible mark-up.