Re: Updated RDFa Core and XHTML+RDFa for review

Shane,

great...

Questions:
----------

- The text says in processing rule #4:

[[[
Mappings are defined via @prefix . For backward compatibility, some Host Languages may also permit the definition of mappings via @xmlns . In this case, the value to be mapped is set by the XML namespace prefix, and the value to map is the value of the attribute — a URI.
]]]

The way I interpret this is that certain languages may _disallow_ the usage of xmlns. Is this what we want? I would expect then the HTML WG to do that for HTML5... I am not opposed to that, but just asking, because I do not remember having decided that.

Also, in the same section, it may be worth saying that the values retrieved via @prefix have a precedence over possible xmlns equivalents.

- In case the @profile mechanism for default term URI is accepted by the WG: The current text says, in 7.2:

[[[
The default vocabulary , a value to use as the prefix URI when a term is used. This specification does not define an initial setting for the default vocabulary. Host Languages may define an initial setting.
]]]

should we add, just like for term mappings: "If a Host Language provides an initial setting, it should do so via an RDFa Profile"? I would say yes.

Minor comments:
---------------

In 1-2 trivial cases I have changed the Overview-src.html in sources/rdfa-core. I hope that is all right.

- this is really stylistic; the usage of a urn:ISBN might be controversial. On the one hand, ISBN (alas!) do not provide a unique identification of books and you also know that using non-http URI-s might be controversial, too. I wonder whether it is not better to avoid that and use other URI-s for the books. My choice would be to use Open Library which does have at its goal (in the new version) to provide unique URI-s for the Work and not only a particular edition (that ISBN-s do), for example. Of course, if the ISBN-s you use are imaginary ones, then this would not work...

- regardless of the ISBN issue: you changed the URI-s for books from an example.org to bibo, which is a great move. But the example on 'it is sometimes easier to use full URIs' still uses the example vocabulary (changed that in Overview-src)

- I know it is not yet accepted by the Working Group but if we allow a default URI to be defined in the @profile file, it may be good to add that right before section 3 for completeness

- Section 4.1 first paragraph, should there be a 'the' before 'processor graph'? (changed in the text)

- For 7.4.5: already in RDFa 1.0 we agreed that "_:", ie, a funny CURIE with no reference, is the reference to one specific BNode (I remember we had a discussion back then). It may be worth writing it down. I have added a sentence.

- In 7.4.5 again: the RDFa processor does _not_ require that the bnode identifiers in the generated triples should be
the same as the ones in the RDFa content. It may be wise to use other references in the example right before 7.5 and make this fact clear in the text. (I have not changed that)

- I have removed the issue in 7.6: we have decided not to do that (ie, defining the vocabulary).

[1] http://openlibrary.org/