Re: ISSUE-24: Proposal for dealing with case-insensitive terms in the XHTML vocabulary

We had a good discussion on this issue today - I am sure the minutes
will be out shortly.  Unfortunately, this issue dovetails with many
other related issues, so it is not completely straightforward to
resolve.  Worse yet, I now feel my proposal below was too simplistic -
we need to view this in the context of a collection of issues:

    * case sensitivity of values in rel/rev
    * Terms enumerated in XHTML+RDFa
    * Terms defined in w3.org/1999/xhtml/vocab
    * LinkType values and their registration (IETF, WhatWG, HTML5)
    * Default vocabulary for Core, XHTML+RDFa, HTML+RDFa
    * Default profile for XHTML+RDFa and HTML+RDFa
    * Caching of profiles
    * Hardcoding of profiles and their evolution

Consequently, I have withdrawn the proposal below.  I am going to spend
some time trying to address all of the above in a single proposal so we
can hopefully resolve them all at once.  Obviously, this will be more
difficult.  But resolving these issues piecemeal is bound to lead to
confusion and an incomplete solution.

Thanks in advance for your patience.