PF Working Group and RDFa

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:33:35 -0500
To: RDFa WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
As most of you know, I am also a member of the PF Working Group.  In
that group I am championing the Role Attribute specification and some
other related activities.  Yesterday in our regular Editor's meeting,
the team agreed to markup the ARIA specifications (and Role Attribute
and whatever else we might produce) using RDFa.   Role Attribute is
produced using ReSpec.js, so this comes for free.  The other specs are
produced via an XSLT tool chain.  I will be updating that chain to do
the same sort of markup we are getting out of ReSpec.js in the coming weeks.

On a related note, the PF editors are going to investigate getting
approval to use ARIA markup in W3C REC-track specifications.  Assuming
they get approval for this, I think it only fair that we add appropriate
ARIA markup to our specs.  This will help with accessibility, and of
course help W3C to continue to 'eat its own dog food'.

Onward!