Language tags as values - document consequences (Concepts and MT)

From: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 14:18:20 +0100
To: public-rdf-wg@w3.org
I think the consequences for treating language tags as values or as
lower case string in the value space are:

Concepts:
1/ Remove ", and must be normalized to lowercase."

2/ Put in, after 5.1, a datatype description for rdf:langString.

I think this should go in anyway so that concepts has more on
rdf:langString.

3/ Add rdf:langString as a to section 5.4 as recognized Datatype IRI.

MT:
4/ Remove requirement for rdf:langString.

MT currently says that RDF processors "MUST recognize rdf:langString and
xsd:string".

Instead, RDF processors are not required to recognize any datatype IRIs.

This licenses current systems.

Recognizing xs:string is about bad characters in the lexical form.  This
isn't what all systems do for, say, control characters.