Re: JSON-LD skipping CR?

On 29/03/13 03:45, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> Have we talked about the possibility of skipping CR for JSON-LD?
>
> It has a lot of implementations and a test suite; if the implementations
> have passed the test suite by the end of LC, then CR isn't necessary.
>
> If this is a possibility, we should be sure to point this out in the
> SOTD -- making it both LC and a "Call for Implementations".   For
> example, see:
>
>     http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-sparql11-query-20120724/
>
> Just a thought.
>
>          -- Sandro

(personal opinion - the LC-CR cycle has too many stages for many things
produced in W3C.  For some, the large pieces of work, each stage can be
significant. For individual specs where there are implementations in
parallel with spec work, the two steps aren't needed.)

One data point - the implementation I have worked with, jsonld-java, is
behind the specs and is waiting until the spec (all, not just REC)
stabilizes to catch up; the test is that issues list [2] goes to zero
(stays zero!).

But that's just a matter of being careful on the implementation report.
  It only needs two implements of any feature (I'd check the list but
json-ld.org is down for me ATM).

	Andy

[1] https://github.com/tristan/jsonld-java
which works with Apache Jena.  There's a new adapter to make it a first
class syntax so you can use it by name in any read or write operation.

[2] https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/issues