Connected resources

On 25 May 2012, at 19:09, Nathan <admin@webr3.org> wrote:

> False, I said "all things which can be interacted with via one of the stack of network/internet protocols". I did not say "named with an HTTP URI".
>
> Only some things in the universe can be interacted with via an internet/network protocol, not all things, thus subset, and thus set's B and C exist.
>
> Also worth noting that naming something with an HTTP URI does not mean that you can interact with it through the internet stack, or through HTTP.

I have, with others, just been trying to teach students at Eswc summerschool about httprange14.

This idea - above - is I think absolutely central to thinking about our problems successfully: it engages the idea of 'authority' and source. When we talk about eg 'information resources' or about 'you cant GET the real world think', we distort REST (since it is all about OO-esque encapsulation) and distract from the core problem: who are we getting stuff from?

Dan