Re: Making progress on graphs

From: Steve Harris <steve.harris@garlik.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 13:47:50 +0100
Cc: RDF Working Group WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
To: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfpschneider@gmail.com>
On 2012-05-13, at 23:07, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

> I don't see Richard's proposal as chopping up the design space at all.
>
> Instead I see that his proposal is aiming squarely at what has mostly been agreed on - syntax.  I also do not think that it moves forward one piece at a time, but instead addressed one real chunk of the problem.
>
> There may be some tweaks required, but I think that Richard's proposal is a very good place to start.
>
> peter
>
> PS:  I also think that it is a very good place to *stop*, but this is somewhat more controversial.

Not in these parts.

We (the RDF user community) been getting along quite nicely with just what's defined by SPARQL Datasets for a good few years now. I'm not opposed to have a more fine-grained definition, but I don't honestly think it would be a disaster if we didn't. A bad definition however, would be a disaster.

- Steve

--
Steve Harris, CTO
Garlik, a part of Experian