Re: shared bnodes (Skolems, SPARQL)

From: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 20:10:37 +0100
To: public-rdf-wg@w3.org

> But how does a user know when two 4store instances are the "same" DB?
> Sometimes I want to move a database from one instance to another (or is
> it the same one? I dunno) without anything about being changed.  It
> sounds like with the Skolem approach, I couldn't do that.    (Although,
> yes, the change would be at a level that we might be considering noise.)

Jena generated Skolem constants will be 1-1 with internal ids globally.
  Skolem URIs will identify the internal id. regardless of DB.

We already use a form of UID that is nearly unique enough.  The skolem
constants will have enough information to recreate the bNode internal
id. No concept of DB needed.  It has other implementation benefits as
well such as independent generation across machines or a federation.

	Andy