Re: proposals for Lists and Seq (ISSUE-77)

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 08:47:17 -0400
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Cc: Steve Harris <steve.harris@garlik.com>, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, public-rdf-wg <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
On Thu, 2011-10-20 at 13:21 +0200, Dan Brickley wrote:
> On 20 October 2011 13:13, Steve Harris <steve.harris@garlik.com> wrote:
> > I wouldn't be comfortable with marking Seq as "archaic" or similar unless there's a viable alternative, and I don't think List counts.
>
> Me neither.  Nor "quaint", "twee", "retro" or "regrettable". It's just
> what it is, with no great mystery or confusion.

Actually, there's a great deal of confusion.  Please do explain -- in
one sentence for newbies -- why we have both Seq and List, and with Seq
better supported in RDF/XML and List better supported in Turtle, and how
someone should decide which to use.

(To put it differently, I think it's quite harmful to the RDF to not
deprecate Seq.)

     -- Sandro