Re: Action-48 text: a New Plan for plain literals

From: Jeremy Carroll <jeremy@topquadrant.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 12:27:19 -0700
To: public-rdf-wg@w3.org

I am finding Andy's arguments about recoding costs fairly compelling. In
relationship to my earlier questions about 'what problem we are trying
to solve' Pat responded that

rdf:LanguageTaggedString
was a useful type. I note that many of Andy's issues would be solved if rdf:LanguageTaggedString were a type but not a datatype.
i.e

rdf:LanguageTaggedString rdf:type rdfs:Class .

and

its class extension is the set of all language tagged literals.

This may also address some of Peter's concerns to do with needing to modify OWL.

Jeremy