Re: Action-48 text: a New Plan for plain literals

There would be an effect on the OWL 2 specs.  At the very least,
rdf:LanguageTaggedLiteral would have to be added to the reserved
vocabulary.  Sections 4.3 and 5.7 of the structural spec should be
rewritten.  I expect that other parts of this document would have to be
changed to reflect the new kind of lexical space.

Other normative documents would probably have to be changed, including
the mapping to RDF, the RDF-based semantics, and profiles.

There would be an effect on OWL 2 implementations.  Each implementation
would have to handle this new form for strings.

Getting approval from the OWL WG for changes might be very difficult, as
there was much debate on rdf:PlainLiteral.  I don't see any benefits of
rdf:LanguagedTaggedString over rdf:PlainLiteral.   I expect that
approval would be contingent on approval from the OWL WG.

peter