Re: Action-48 text: a New Plan for plain literals

Peter, Axel

I believe the answer will be 'no', but I just want to check: would the introduction of a new type, and the special nature of the rdf:LanguageTaggedLiteral, have any effect on the OWL 2 and RIF specs from a functional point of view?

Note that there is a plan to publish an edited recommendation for both OWL 2 and RIF when the new version of the XSD spec is published as a recommendation. At that point we can add a reference to rdf:LanguageTaggedLiteral to the RIF Datatypes[1] and the OWL 2 structural specification[2] documents (both documents explicitly list the datatypes they handle). Hm... it may not be as simple if the XSD spec comes out before the new RDF spec...

Ivan

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/rif-dtb/
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-syntax/

On May 23, 2011, at 05:01 , Pat Hayes wrote:

> The proposal outlined in the wiki here
>
> http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/wiki/StringLiterals/LanguageTaggedLiteralDatatypeProposal
>
> completes Richard and my action item 48 from the last telecon.
>
> Pat

> IHMC                                     (850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153