Re: [JSON] Elephant in the room

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Subject: Re: [JSON] Elephant in the room
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 12:16:27 -0500

[...]

> Yes, definately, seen that often too, Classes are blueprints in many OO
> languages, then an object is an instance of it, so to have a language
> which is an instance of two classes is confusing for many.

Well, some OO languages/libraries have this restriction, but certainly
not all.

> Likewise
> multiple inheritance,

Multiple inheritance (and all its attendant problems) has been in very
many object-oriented languages.

> and another one I hadn't noticed till somebody
> mentioned on sem-web a few weeks (months?) ago -> they thought the
> properties related to a class where the properties which were on every
> instance of that class (as in oo) and this confused them greatly.

Well, just about any OO language that has classes as objects has had to
worry about this issue, and many of them actually get it right,
distinguishing between properties of the class considered as an object
and properties that the class "defines" for its instances.

[...]

> Best,
>
> Nathan

peter

PS:  How about removing the "reply-to" in your messages?