Re: [JSON] Meeting TOMORROW Monday, March 21st

On 20/03/11 17:16, Manu Sporny wrote:
> Agenda
>
> 1. General discussion on what we're attempting to accomplish with
>     the various communities and long-term (market segments)
>     http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/wiki/JSON_User_Segments
> 2. JSON as RDF Proposal
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-wg/2011Mar/0447.html

That's very much making JSON appear as RDF; JSON source, RDFish application.

This can be contrasted with RDF for JSON: making published RDF
accessible to "normal" JSON applications, with varying degress of "RDF
ness" in the JSON application.

PROPOSAL: The RDF Working Group JSON Task Force will work on a way of
making published RDF accessible to JSON applications.

Unlike a serialization of RDF in JSON may be lossy - i.e. when presented
to the application some details may be lost (e.g. some datatypes).

Drawn in a Sandro-matrix: with levels of data publishers:

level P1: RDF publisher willing to publish according to a fixed,
universal JSON presentation

level P2: RDF publisher willing to provide a JSON friendly form to all
applications; (i.e. one presentation, but specific to this data).

level P3: RDF publisher willing to provide a JSON friendly form based on
the application accessing the data (i.e. several presentations, based on
this data and accessing application)

Group A1: applications willing to do what ever it takes to get
RDF-published data (inc. read Turtle)

Group A2: applications wanting a JSON data structure

Group A3: applications willing to use a library/API

 Andy